Sunday 28 February 2021

Feb 28th - No suggested bets

 After due consideration (and then a bit more consideration !), I’ve decided not to get involved with the one race of potential interest, today…


I think I can argue that Molly Ollies Wishes is a decent bet at 10/1 - but it’s more of a theoretical argument !
On the plus side, she has very little to find with the 2 market leaders, on official adjusted weights; is clearly improving - and could have the run of the race, from the front.
She’s also the only runner at the course for the Skeltons (which is an unusual situation).
On the flip side, I would have real doubts about whether she warrants her current rating of 147.
She went up 10lb for her win last time - but that form could be worth a bag of beans !
I also think she wants softer ground and a longer trip.
My expectation is that she will lead until the home turn - at which point, the market leaders will stride past and fight out the finish.
Which one will come out of top, I’m not so sure.
I think McFabulous is the better horse - but Brewinupastorm could be better suited to a speed test (if that’s how it pans out).

Anyway, the bottom line is - no suggested bets today !

I’ll probably back Molly with a view to laying back in running, before the home turn - so I guess one or two of you might choose to do similar.

Good luck if you do :)

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of season report

  Introduction   A number of changes were made to the TVB service for the 2020-21 season.   Perhaps the most significant, was the formal s...